Serving as the District's communication hub, is 9-R Communications, whose chief responsibility is information dissemination to staff, students, parents, the media, and the community. Communication elements can take the form of telephone conversations, emails, the 9-R website, press releases, news briefs, eNotes, and the District's newsletter, The 9-R Communicator. Several handbooks, documents, and brochures are also published by 9-R Communications, including the annual Student and Family Success Guide, the School Directory, the Strategic Plan, the Annual Report, the ParentConnect brochure, and more.
In the case of emergencies, the 9-R Communications Office "gets the word out" through the District's phone, text, and email notification system. If you are not receiving messages, or wish to update your contact information, please contact the front office at your student's school. If you have any questions about 9-R Communications, please contact Julie Popp or Elvira England at 970-247-5411, ext. 1427.
Durango School District 9-R offers a wide variety of advertising and sponsorship opportunities. We offer ad space to community businesses in our calendars, newsletters, and websites. To learn more about how you can grow your business and support education, visit our sponsorship page here.
Please read over the Colorado Open Records Request Procedure document and then fill out the Public Request for Open Records Form as appropriate.
The parent newsletter for the school district, Parent eNotes, is emailed out every other Friday. Parent eNotes contains important information around school events, news from community partners, updates from the Superintendent and the Board of Education, important reminders and personal interest stories. Each issue features some the following content categories:
We look forward to working with our parents, staff and the Durango community at large to help spread the word about their events and activities through the distribution of informational and promotional flyers. We have the following guidelines for flyers/posters in our schools:
1. Information/event must be education related
2. You must obtain approval from the district’s Communications department prior to distribution. You may seek pre-approval by emailing a copy of your poster or flyer to the Communications Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The flyers need to include the organization’s name, contact person and contact details (phone number and/or e-mail address)
4. The organization must provide all copies to be distributed
5. Each school’s principal must designate display and distribution of flyers
6. All flyers must also include the following disclaimer: “These materials are neither sponsored nor endorsed by Durango School District 9-R”
Please allow us up to 48 hours to review and respond/approve, and send flyers to us to review at least 2 weeks prior to the event. In order to maintain consistency in the flyer distribution process, we ask that you please follow the aforementioned guidelines. You are welcome to contact the Communications department with any questions regarding these policies. We strongly encourage partners to email their flyer or poster for pre-approval at email@example.com.
Again, thank you for sharing your information with us and with our schools, we look forward to working with all of you.