“We understand how important it is for families – especially working parents – to have a safe, engaging space for their kids after school,” said district Superintendent Dr. Karen Cheser. “We’re grateful for this partnership, because we will be able to expand the program so that it’s equitable and accessible to all our families.”
Combining 9-R and BGC’s resources will reduce transportation barriers for families that in recent years have not had access to an after-school program at their home school, including Sunnyside, Fort Lewis Mesa, and Animas Valley elementary schools.
Audra Snow, the district’s Supervisor of The [email protected] Schools said BGC is a good fit for a new after-school program. “Everyone in our community is having a hard time finding and retaining quality staff,” she said. “With the Boys & Girls Club’s reputation as a quality organization, we will attract more staff and have greater flexibility when it comes to work schedules, programming, and salaries.” Snow says there are many other benefits of the partnership, including:
- Needs-based financial assistance for families is available. In addition, fees will not be raised this year thanks to generous BGC donors.
- Students will have access to nationally known programs, such as Be Somebody and Positive Youth Action.
- Staff will have an opportunity for extended professional development, including nationally known trainings, such as Youth Mental Health First Aid.
- There will be more funding for items such as snacks, games, technology, and LEGO kits.
- Las familias dispondrán de ayudas financieras en función de sus necesidades. Además, este año no se subirán las tasas gracias a los generosos donantes del BGC.
- Los estudiantes tendrán acceso a programas conocidos a nivel nacional, como Be Somebody y Positive Youth Action.
- El personal tendrá la oportunidad de un mayor desarrollo profesional, incluyendo entrenamientos conocidos a nivel nacional, como Youth Mental Health First Aid.
- Habrá más fondos para artículos como meriendas, juegos, tecnología y kits de LEGO.
Si estás interesado en formar parte del equipo de The [email protected] Schools, presenta tu solicitud aquí:
Coordinador del centro: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=site%20coordinator&l=Durango%2C%20CO&vjk=30557405e74cc246
Asistente del programa: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=site%20coordinator&l=Durango%2C%20CO&vjk=baaeb2008e0446f2