We look forward to working with our parents, staff and the Durango community to share relevant, education-related events and activities for students by providing 9-R Partners with opportunities to distribute informational and promotional flyers.
Durango 9-R allows community partners to distribute 9-R Communications approved printed materials on bulletin boards and information tables at no cost. All materials must be presented to 9-R Communications for approval, after which 9-R Communications will deliver the materials to the schools requested. Community members are not permitted to distribute materials on 9-R Campuses.
Additionally, electronic flyers may be distributed in our weekly messaging to families at the following rates:
- $25 per flyer for one week of electronic distribution
- $10 per flyer for one week of electronic distribution for educational events and programming that offer unlimited scholarships, which must be stated on the flyer.
- FREE for all truly free events and programs that enrich current 9-R curriculum
Electronically distributed flyers and posters may need to meet the following additional guidelines:
- Spanish Copies - All partners will be asked to provide Spanish versions of their flyers whenever possible. If the program is free and is being distributed for free, a Spanish version of the flyer must be provided.
- Paper Copies - If a flyer is being distributed at the $10 or free rate, the partner must provide paper copies to the school per school request. For instance, if a school has five families that have requested paper copies of newsletters, five copies of the flyer will be provided.
- Deadlines - All flyers, including paper copies when needed, must be submitted and paid for by noon on Mondays to qualify for that week’s distribution.
- Distribution - Flyers will be posted on the district website and categorized by K-5, Middle School, and High School. They will be shared via email to families on Wednesday evenings. They will be removed from the website the following Monday, unless the partner chooses to renew by noon on the following Monday.
To submit a flyer for electronic distribution, email Elvira England at email@example.com. All other flyers may be emailed to the same address, or brought to the District Office at 201 East 12th Street to be approved in person.
Please follow these guidelines when creating your promotional materials for distribution in the schools:
- Information/event must be education related and/or align to Colorado Academic Standards
- All partners and non-partners must obtain the approval stamp from the district’s Communications Department prior to distribution.
- All flyers must be distributed to schools through the Communications Department. Upon approval, partner and non-partner materials will be couriered to the school with information on the approved communication channels.
- The flyers need to include the organization’s name, contact person and contact details (phone number and/or e-mail address).
- The organization must provide all copies to be distributed.
- Each school’s principal will designate display and distribution of flyers at their discretion
- All flyers must also include the following disclaimer, “These materials are neither sponsored nor endorsed by Durango School District 9-R”
Please allow us up to 48 hours to review and respond/approve. Flyers should be provided to the Communications Department for review no less than two weeks prior to the event.
All print materials distributed in the schools WILL NOT:
- Promote hostility, disorder or violence
- Attack ethnic, racial or religious groups
- Discriminate, demean, harass or ridicule any person or group of persons on the basis of gender
- Be libelous
- Inhibit the functioning of the school and/or school district
- Override the school/school district identity
- Promote, favor or oppose the candidacy of any candidate for election, adoption of any bond/budget issues or any public question submitted at any general, county, municipal or school election
- Be obscene or pornographic as defined by prevailing community standards throughout the district
- Promote the use of drugs, alcohol, tobacco, firearms or certain products that create community concerns
- Promote any religious or political organization
- Promote particular agenda's or platforms
- Use any district or school logo without prior written approval
In order to maintain consistency in the flyer distribution process, we ask that you please follow the aforementioned guidelines. You are welcome to contact the Communications Department with any questions regarding these policies at firstname.lastname@example.org
or at (970) 247-5411. We thank all our partners for their continued support and for bringing various educational and learning opportunities to our students.
SPECIAL NOTES: Although the Communications Department approves all flyers and posters for the school district, every school principal has final discretion on what is distributed in their school building.
The Communications Department strongly encourages community partners to email copies of their posters and flyers for approval prior to printing. You may email materials for review to email@example.com.