Durango 9-R cooperates with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students and staff by allowing them to distribute materials electronically. Click on the Peachjar logo above to choose your school sites and submit your request. Please note that we send this to families each Wednesday by 3pm, and anything submitted prior to then will be included. Be sure to select a future Wednesday only for distribution to avoid being denied.
HOW TO SUBMIT ELECTRONIC FLYERS TO PEACHJAR
To facilitate delivery of this information, approved community organizations can send their flyers home to families digitally through Peachjar.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below:
- Visit www.peachjar.com
- Register as a Program Provider (account type)
- Upload your flyer for approval
- BE SURE TO SELECT A FUTURE WEDNESDAY FOR DISTRIBUTION TO AVOID DENIAL, flyers are only sent on WEDNESDAYS, confirm that the date you request falls on a WEDNESDAY.
Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the district office for approval. Once approved, your flyer will be emailed to parents for your selected duration of time. Peachjar charges a fee for this service that is typically much less than the cost to copy and deliver paper flyers to each school. The cost for distribution is as follows:
- $25 per flyer for one week of electronic distribution per school site (13 sites available)
- FREE for all truly free events and programs that enrich current 9-R curriculum
If you believe you qualify for free distribution, please email Peachjar at [email protected]
to set up your free account. In your email, explain the qualifiers of your program for free insertion (free program, unlimited scholarships etc.).
POSTERS/FLYERS FOR BULLETIN BOARDS
Durango 9-R allows community partners to distribute 9-R Communications approved printed materials on bulletin boards and information tables at no cost. All materials must be presented to 9-R Communications for approval, after which 9-R Communications will deliver the materials to the schools requested; please DO NOT deliver the materials to the school directly unless previously arranged with 9-R Communications. Community members are not permitted to distribute materials on 9-R Campuses.
To submit a flyer for pre-approval of electronic distribution, email 9-R Communications at [email protected]. All other flyers may be emailed to the same address, or brought to the District Office at 201 East 12th Street to be approved in person.
FLYER CONTENT GUIDELINES
Please follow these guidelines when creating your promotional materials for distribution in the schools:
- Information/event must be education related and/or align to Colorado Academic Standards
- All partners and non-partners must obtain the approval stamp from the district’s Communications Department for in-school display prior to distribution.
- All flyers or posters must be distributed to schools through the Communications Department. Upon approval, partner and non-partner materials will be couriered to the school including the information on the approved communication channels for distribution.
- The flyers must include the organization’s name, contact person and contact details (phone number and/or e-mail address).
- The organization must provide all copies to be distributed; the school district does not print flyers on behalf of 3rd party organizations.
- Each school’s principal will designate display and distribution of flyers at their discretion.
- All flyers WILL AUTOMATICALLY include the following disclaimer, “These materials are neither sponsored nor endorsed by Durango School District 9-R”.
Please allow us up to 48 hours to review and respond/approve. Flyers should be provided to the Communications Department for review no less than two weeks prior to the event.
All print materials distributed in the schools WILL NOT:
- Promote hostility, disorder or violence
- Attack ethnic, racial or religious groups
- Discriminate, demean, harass or ridicule any person or group of persons on the basis of gender
- Be libelous
- Have a seeming adverse impact on district enrollment, finances, or programming capabilities
- Inhibit the functioning of the school and/or school district
- Override the school/school district identity
- Promote, favor or oppose the candidacy of any candidate for election, adoption of any bond/budget issues or any public question submitted at any general, county, municipal or school election
- Be obscene or pornographic as defined by prevailing community standards throughout the district
- Promote the use of drugs, alcohol, tobacco, firearms or certain products that create community concerns
- Promote any religious or political organization
- Promote particular agenda's or platforms
- Use any district or school logo without prior written approval
In order to maintain consistency in the flyer distribution process, we ask that you please follow the aforementioned guidelines. You are welcome to contact 9-R Communications with any questions regarding these policies at [email protected]
or at (970) 247-5411. We thank all our partners for their continued support and for bringing various educational and learning opportunities to our students.
SPECIAL NOTE: Although 9-R Communications approves all flyers and posters for the school district, every school principal has final discretion on what is distributed in their school building.