We look forward to working with our parents, staff and the Durango community to share relevant, education-related events and activities for students by providing 9-R Partners with opportunities to distribute informational and promotional flyers.
Please follow these guidelines when creating your promotional materials for distribution in the schools:
- Information/event must be education related and/or align to Colorado Academic Standards
- All partners and non-partners must obtain the approval stamp from the district’s Communications Department prior to distribution.
- All flyers must be distributed to schools through the Communications Department. Upon approval, partner and non-partner materials will be couriered to the school with information on the approved communication channels.
- The flyers need to include the organization’s name, contact person and contact details (phone number and/or e-mail address).
- The organization must provide all copies to be distributed. If the flyer has been approved for Friday Folders, they must be pre-sorted in stacks of 25, labeled and organized by school. Flyers must be delivered to the Communications Department before noon on Mondays to be eligible for Friday Folder distribution. Please note that Friday Folders are only available at the elementary level.
- Each school’s principal will designate display and distribution of flyers at their discretion
- All flyers must also include the following disclaimer:
“These materials are neither sponsored nor endorsed by Durango School District 9-R”
- Please allow us up to 48 hours to review and respond/approve. Flyers should be provided to the Communications Department for review no less than two weeks prior to the event.
All print materials distributed in the schools WILL NOT:
- Promote hostility, disorder or violence
- Attack ethnic, racial or religious groups
- Discriminate, demean, harass or ridicule any person or group of persons on the basis of gender
- Be libelous
- Inhibit the functioning of the school and/or school district
- Override the school/school district identity
- Promote, favor or oppose the candidacy of any candidate for election, adoption of any bond/budget issues or any public question submitted at any general, county, municipal or school election
- Be obscene or pornographic as defined by prevailing community standards throughout the district
- Promote the use of drugs, alcohol, tobacco, firearms or certain products that create community concerns
- Promote any religious or political organization
- Promote particular agenda's or platforms
- Use any district or school logo without prior written approval
In order to maintain consistency in the flyer distribution process, we ask that you please follow the aforementioned guidelines. You are welcome to contact the Communications Department with any questions regarding these policies at email@example.com or at (970) 247-5411. We thank all our partners for their continued support and for bringing various educational and learning opportunities to our students.
SPECIAL NOTES: Although the Communications Department approves all flyers and posters for the school district, every school principal has final discretion on what is distributed in their school.
The Communications Department strongly encourages community partners to email copies of their posters and flyers for approval prior to printing. You may email materials for review to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PIO and Marketing Director
970-247‐5411 ext. 1428
970‐247‐5411 ext. 1427